Monday, May 16, 2011

Garden Patio Update with Photos!

I haven't done a photo update, so I thought I'd do one my little patio garden. It's my favorite little stress relief, and this will be the first year I'm going to try to actually eat them. Last year, they all grew, but we went out of town for a week and when we came back they were all dried up and rotten. Alrighty, so the first one is my little bellpeppers, there's about three growing, but this one was the biggest:
Here are some nifty little banana/greek peppers that I still need to figure out how to pickle!

And this little dying thing, well, maybe it's not dying, but it's drying out, is my dwarf cucumber plant. It's got lots of tiny little cucumbers growing all over the place, you can see the bigger one at the top. I'm a little sad that the leaves are browning, just a few days ago it was still bright green all over.

This isn't the biggest one, but it's one that still has the flower attached, isn't it a cutie? ^_^


Here's one I picked off last week, I think this is as big as they are suppose to get (since they are dwarf-sized and meant for pickling).

It looks just as good inside as it does out! And it smells great! Mmm..

I also have some strawberries and herbs growing, but I totally forgot to take pictures of my strawberries before I plucked them all (no matter, they were all mushy and non-edible) and my herbs are doing this sad thing where they look all limp. I'll do another update with all my succulents and cacti another day!


4 comments:

TimBurtonist said...

My cucumber leafs look like that too (except I don't have any cucumbers yet)! Also, that bell pepper is so cute and tiny! :)

Lily said...

I have about 9 or 10 cucumbers growing. ^_^ I start early though, I start seedlings indoors around February, so that by the end of March, they're ready to start producing!

TimBurtonist said...

That's good thinking! I planted all my seeds outside in April. Do you water everyday?

Lily said...

Yep. I water them at night after work, well, most of them. My bellpeppers and Strawberries are every other day because they don't dry out as fast as the cucumber plant. That thing goes through water like crazy!