Javi is off Friday and Saturday coming up. I'm thinking of taking Friday off and maybe going down to the beach. I've been to Corpus several times, and always to the same beach, but I've heard there is a nicer beach at Padre Island or Port Aransas? I get the two confused and don't know how much farther they are from CC. I originally planned on just staying home with him Saturday and doing nothing but movies and chinese food, but seeing as how I usually only get one or two days off a MONTH to spend the whole day with Javi, I figure we should go somewhere.
Anyways, I plan on visiting the aquarium there if all goes well. I just need to figure out what beach we should go to and grab a hotel off of hotwire or something. If anyone (does anyone read this?) has any suggestions, let me know!
2 comments:
I've never been to Port Aransas, so I don't have any comments about that location. I went to South Padre Island about 16 years ago (shit... it's weird to say that). The beach was really clean and nice, and there were plenty of hotels to choose from (large ones and small ones). My favorite part was the putt-putt place right on the beach. The only thing is I think it's quite far from Corpus Christi (200 miles or so? South Padre is at the southern tip of Texas, near Mexico).
Now if you're talking just Padre Island, I think that's close to where we went to with Jesus and Dave (that was his name, right?), but I don't know of anything fun to do there.
Corpus Christi has the awesome aquarium, which I love, so if I had to pick a Texas coastal area to go to right now I'd go to Corpus. I'm sure there are more awesome things in Corpus, but all I can think of right now is the aquarium.
Yeah I'm talking the same spot that you, Jesus, Dave, and myself went to. I've been looking online on Craigslist and hotwire, but the cheapest place so far is 99$ a night, and anything with a beach view is 200$, plus there is only about 4 hotels with available rooms anyways. Sigh.
I was trying to think of the name of the place we stayed, but I can't and I don't wanna bug Jesus since he's out on a nature retreat thing.
I for sure want to go to the Aquarium, and there is also a Science/History Museum there, but I was just wanting to go someplace where size 0 girls and douchebag guys weren't going to be hanging out and drinking Corona's.
I thought about asking Tony for some pointers, but last time I texted him, he said "I don't really feel like talking." and continued to post his updates on FB and talk to people. So.. yeah.
Post a Comment