Monday, May 30, 2011

Ok, Today Was A Good Day..

It was actually a good weekend, with hopefully a good Memorial Day Monday off.

Yesterday was awesome even though I didn't do jack shit. I stayed home in my undies and played Star Wars : The Force Unleashed II all day (well, it varied between that, random TV shows, and the interwebz.) I was actually pretty sad at the beginning of the game because I sucked pretty hardcore. I haven't sat down to play a game for longer than 30 minutes in a few years, so I'm rusty to say the least. I couldn't bring my self to start out on Easy or Normal, so I began on Hard and I died at least 13 times within the span of 8 minutes. Games have changed a lot since my Star Ocean and Final Fantasy days. The controls and everything is just way different, but I pushed on and I started getting the hang of it. I was actually more depressed about my lack of gaming skills, than I am about being fat, which is pretty crazy.

Anyways, so that was Saturday. Taco Bell, Video Games, and Internet. The end. Today was pretty awesome as well. We started out at Carrino's for Javi's cousin's graduation celebration (I hate Italian food, so I only ate some bread) and it's always overwhelming. Despite the fact that I have some 300 people in my family and Javi only has like 30 something, I always forget names because I never see them on individual basis', it's always at family gatherings and I just blank out. It was nice though. We went back to his aunts house for cake and such, and then we ventured on our own to Good Will.

We stopped at the one on Brodie since I hadn't been there in forever, and after rummaging through the trinkets and dresses, I found nothing and headed toward checkout with Javi. (He found a WCW dvd) while we were waiting in line, I went to the other register to check out the bracelets and what did I spy? A brand-spanking-new Koala Giga Pet! Eep! I had just tweeted a few weeks ago about how I was looking for one, but didn't want to spend 40$+ on one from eBay. It had no price, so the guy at the register rang it up for .99cents and Javi bought it for me. Score!

We made our way to the Goodwill on Stassney and ended up not finding anything neat there, except some neat whale-type book-end that I took a picture of and I plan on painting it onto canvas eventually. We don't normally go to ThriftTown next door, cause that place sucks, but we went anyways and found myself a bunch of goodies!

I came across this super cute cat plushie that has an adorable little messenger bag attached to her and inside is a little envelope... so I didn't need it, but who could pass that up? Next I found what looks like a teeny tiny bird house shaped like a bat. I'm not sure if it's actually for bats cause... well, that thing is tiny, but we'll see I guess! Over by the toys, because I still check the toy section, I found a bag that had window clingys of my two teams! Giants and Sharks, what are the chances of finding that? Especially in Tejas. Lastly was that huge red thing called a Thigh-Master, cause, if you didn't know, I have HUGE thighs that are about the same size as an average girls waistline. I'm gonna attempt to use this thing and hope it works. I really should be going to the gym, but my job is sooooooo physically demanding, I'm finding it hard to do so.

A little later we headed to the wonderful Trudy's to meet Steve, and I indulged in a few margaritas and a delicious quesadilla. After my belly was full of frozen liqour and cheese, we watched the Hangover 2... which was not as funny as I had hoped for. It had it's funny moments, but I think the original Hangover will remain by far more hilarious than it's sequel. Just my opinion.

We tried to do 80s night, but once we got there, it was too hot, too crowded, the a/c was broken and I was just too damn tired. We only stayed for an hour or so, and enjoyed all the new changes they've made (projector screens showing the video to song being played, a flat screen by the back bar showing movies, and more lights!) now we're home, and I'm making my weekend out to be more interesting than it probably was. Hope yours was great, too!

4 comments:

TastyPrawn said...

Yay! The little cat plush is so cute! I never find things that cute at thrift stores.

Lily said...

Me either, so I totally lucked out! And it doesn't stink and isn't sticky, haha.

TimBurtonist said...

My sister and I were supposed to go to 80's night, but she didn't feel like dancing. We ended up eating at Chuy's instead. Projected music videos sounds awesome though, I'm going to need to check that out!

Lily said...

Yeah, do it! :P

It was way too packed, so we're gonna try a few weekends from now. I always forget that Sunday's before holidays are always super crazy.